46th LD Blog
Find out on March 2 at this In-Person Event!
Ideas and Actions Concerning our Current HealthCare Crisis
Saturday, March 2; 2:00-3:30pm at the Northgate Public Library, 10548 Fifth Ave. NE
The 46th District Democrats invite you to a program featuring ideas and actions concerning our current Healthcare crisis and what individuals like you can do to support improvements.
We'll hear from speaker, Ronnie Shure, President of Healthcare for All – Washington; Board Member, Puget Sound Advocates for Retirement Action; and Co-Chair, Health Care is a Human Right - Washington.
The following Metro bus routes stop at the library: 20, 67, 75, 347, 348. The library is also a 7-block walk from the Northgate Link Lightrail station. This program is not sponsored by the Seattle Public Library.
For more information on this program, email Kathy Bentson and Sylvia Haven at [email protected]
Hello 46th District Democrats --
I regret to inform you that we need to reschedule this month’s Regular Membership Meeting, due to an issue with the Call to Meeting email, that was sent out on Saturday, February 10. We’ve discovered that the email did not get sent to all members, as required by our Bylaws, Section 4.8.
The short version:
We are rescheduling the February Regular Membership Meeting for Tuesday, February 27, 2024; still at 7pm, and still on Zoom. Please register here. If you have previously registered for the February meeting, you do not need to register again. Your registration has been moved to the rescheduled meeting date and the link in your confirmation email for the Feb. 20 meeting will still work for the Feb. 27 meeting.
The long version:
We use a system called NationBuilder to manage our membership lists, as well as our website and email lists. A few months ago, in an effort to reach a broader audience, we began sending our emails to a list that included all email addresses in our system (instead of only sending our emails to our current members). Again, we did this to reach a broader audience, but did not realize that the new list was not automatically updating to include new members, as they joined our organization. This means that a number of new members were not sent proper notice for the November Regular Membership Meeting (7 members affected), the January Regular Membership Meeting (13 members affected), and for this month’s February Regular Membership Meeting (117 members affected). To address this, we are rescheduling the February Regular Membership Meeting for Tuesday, February 27, 2024.
We are incredibly sorry for the oversight, and are taking steps to make sure it does not happen again.
The above being said ...
This is your official CALL TO MEETING for the February 27, 2024 46th District Democrats Regular Membership Meeting, on Zoom.
DATE: Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024
LOCATION: This meeting will be held on Zoom
🔵 PLEASE REGISTER TO ATTEND:
To request an accomodation, please follow the steps outlined on the 46th Dems Accommodations Request Process. Fourty-eight hours notice is appreciated.
Your voting code for balloted votes will be sent to the email address you provided for your 46th District Democrats membership, and will be sent within a day of the scheduled meeting.
🔵 REVIEW MEMBERSHIP STATUS:
Memberships expire on January 31 of each year, in accordance with our Standing Rules. Those who were paid members in 2023 can renew at any time (or be granted a dues waiver), and your membership will become active 24 hours later. All others will have their memberships become active 21 days after paying dues (or being granted a dues waiver). For questions on the status of your membership, email Membership Chair, Scott Alspach at [email protected]
🔵 PLEASE REVIEW OUR VIDEO TUTORIALS ON PARTICIPATION:
🔵 ITEMS TO BE VOTED ON:
- Consider Endorsement of House our Neighbors Social Housing Initiative 136
Executive Board Vacancy - Member At Large
- See below for self-nomination rules. The names of all candidates eligible for nomination, and their questionnaires, can be found at Candidates for EBoard - 46Dems.org
- Motion to limit debate on amendments to resolutions, during this meeting only, such that debate on amendments will be “limited to a maximum of two speakers in favor and two against, each of whom may speak for up to one minute.” (current rules allow speakers to speak for up to two minutes)
- Proposed Land Use Action Sign Format
Resolution In Support of an Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza
- NOTE: Amendments need to be submitted in writing. Please consider doing so in advance of the meeting, so our membership has ample time to consider your amendment. Instructions for submitting amendments, and amendments submitted in advance of the meeting can be viewed here, and will be posted as they're received.
🔵 EXECUTIVE BOARD VACANCY SELF-NOMINATION RULES:
We have one Executive Board position, to consider during our February Meeting:
PCOs and Members in good standing are eligible to vote for this position.
** UPDATED RULES FOR SELF-NOMINATION: PCOs and Members in good standing interested in filling this vacancy must:
- Self-nominate by Saturday, February 24, 2024 at 5pm by emailing [email protected], and CC’ing [email protected] and [email protected]
- Use put "EBoard Candidate for Member-at-Large" in the Subject line.
- Include your preferred pronouns
You may also provide a written statement of up to 500 words, with or without a headshot. If you would like to submit a written statement, please do so when you self-nominate. Nominations and Statements will be posted to the website in the order they are received, but not later than Monday, February 26, 2024.
The names of all self-nominated candidates and their statements will be added to our website here: https://www.46dems.org/candidates_for_eboard
🔵 IMPORTANT MEETING RESOURCES:
- Bylaws of the 46th District Democrats of Washington
- Standing Rules of the 46th District Democrats of Washington
- 46th Democrats Endorsement Rules
- 46th PDC Committee Page
🔵 QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS:
If you have any questions regarding the meeting or registration, please email [email protected]
We hope to see you at the meeting!
– Hunter Brown
Chair, 46th District Democrats