46th District Dems July News Roundup
Hello 46th District Democrats –
Here's what our organization was up to in July!
⭐ 46th District Dems Summer Picnic
HUGE THANKS to everyone who came out to the Summer Picnic on Sunday, July 9. We had over 90 people RSVP for the event and dozens more who were able to join us at the last minute. See more photos (and the answers to the Scavenger Hunt!) at https://photos.app.goo.gl/FScNaRitMu1tcd5G8
On top of enjoying delicious snacks, drinks and wonderful company, we appreciated hearing from our endorsed candidates, Sarah Reyneveld, Ron Davis, Nilu Jenks, Dan Strauss, and Christie Robertson.
We also want to give a big shout-out to our Sponsors, whose contributions helped us purchase the GOTV door hangers and post cards we've distribution throughout the 46th LD this past month. See the full list of Sponsors here.
And lastly, we need to thank our amazing volunteers, who made our event possible. The 46th is truly blessed to have you working so hard on behalf of our organization!
MISSED THE EVENT? Then keep your eyes peeled for our next in-person event, which we hope to hold ahead of the November General Election! And if you would like to help us plan the event, please email [email protected] to get involved.
🗳️ GOTV Action Updates
Our volunteers and PCOs flexed their pounding-the-pavement power this GOTV season, and came through strong for the Primary Election.
We've still got one day to go, but as of this writing:
- 63 Precinct Committee Officers (PCOs) and volunteers have knocked more than 4,500 doors.
- Eight volunteers have texted more than 14,255 voters.
- Our successful picnic and fundraising drive allowed us to mail our endorsements to more than 8,500 households, including many apartments that are not accessible to canvassers.
But we already knew this was going to be a stellar primary election season, when we saw so many of our newest PCOs get an early jump on their important roles, by attending our PCO Meet & Greet/Orientation in June, helping out at the picnic this month, and building community with their fellow PCOs online. Thank you for stepping up and stepping out!!
Other highlights from this month's GOTV efforts include:
- We fully transitioned to the MiniVAN app to guide and track our GOTV efforts. This saved a lot of paper (yay trees!) and also allowed us to be efficient and nimble in the field.
- Notwithstanding a few hiccups (because a lot more of you showed up than were expected), we were able to distribute turf to PCOs and volunteers at the July 9 picnic.
- We implemented a PCO Slack workspace to facilitate organizing and conversation among PCOs and volunteers (thanks to Andrew Becraft for initiating it). To join the Slack workspace, email PCO Chair Marc Auerbach at [email protected].
Overall, we have built a strong foundation for the upcoming General Election campaign!
So what’s next?
- In the coming weeks, we will re-activate our PCO Committee.
- Going into the General Election, we hope to build GOTV teams in 6 defined regions of the LD (see map above). These teams will help to recruit additional PCOs and volunteers, and coordinate our GOTV work. Contact Marc Auerbach at [email protected] if you’re interested in joining or helping to lead a team (you don’t have to be a PCO!).
While GOTV is always an incredible group effort, special thanks goes out to our phenomenal PCO Chair Marc Auerbach, who coordinated all of our canvassing, texting and phone-banking outreach. You are a true GOTV Rockstar!!
⏰ Looking Ahead ….
August 3: 46th District Executive Board Meeting - normally held on the first Tuesdays of each month, 7-9pm; but moved to Thursday this month because of Primary Election Day. Register here.
August 8: 46th District Dems Environmental Caucus – held second Tuesdays of each month, 7-8pm on Zoom. Join here.
August 13: 46th Dems Effective Meetings Committee Meeting – held the Sundays before Regular Membership Meetings, on Zoom. Register here.
August 15: 46th District Democrats Regular Membership Meeting -– held third Tuesdays of each month, 7-9pm on Zoom. Register here.
August 19: 46th District Dems Mutual Aid Soup Making – held Saturdays following Membership Meetings, 3-5pm at various locations. The August location is TBD, but email [email protected] for the more information or to RSVP.
August 24: 46th District Dems Policy Committee Meeting – held fourth Thursdays of each month, 6-7:30pm on Zoom. Register here.
📢 Looking for a past meeting?
No problem! You can find recordings of many of our past meetings on our 46th District Dems YouTube Channel (subscribe today!) And now that we live stream Regular Membership Meetings directly on YouTube, most recordings can be found under the "Live" tab.
📌 Last but not least ….
It’s (still) never too late to renew your membership! (or start a new one)
Dues support the costs associated with running the 46th Legislative District, and give you voting power at Membership Meetings, for such items as endorsing candidates, ballot measures and resolutions; electing some executive board positions like At-Large Members of the Executive Board; and adopting and amending our budget.
We have several contribution levels:
- Student / Limited Income ($10)
- Individual ($30)
- Couple/Family ($46)
- 4600 Club ($100)
- Friend of the 46th ($146)
- Supporter of the 46th ($246)
- Benefactor of the 46th ($546)
Once again, THANK YOU to everyone who puts their time and talents into making our organization one of the most well-run in the county! We are truly blessed to have you working beside us to make our community stronger and more resilient, by working to get good candidates elected.
Hunter Brown and Lisa Rivera Smith
Chair and Vice-Chair