Call to General Election Endorsement Meeting - 7:00pm, Weds. August 31st!
Greetings, Fearless 46ers!
We hope that your summer has been either productive or relaxing, or both. As we enjoy the last days of the season, it's time to look towards autumn, and all that fall brings to us, especially the General Election!
On August 31, we will have our second meeting of the year that is principally focused on endorsements. We have some ballot measures to consider, some races that did not appear on the ballot for the Primary, and of course, State House Position 2.
This is the formal call to the August 2022 Meeting of the 46th LD Democrats on Wednesday 8/31/22 at 7:00pm - held via Zoom.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting via Zoom.
We should also take a moment to congratulate Darya Farivar and Lelach Rave on advancing to the General Election in the House Position 2 race, and to thank Nina Martinez, Melissa Taylor, and Dr. Nancy Connolly for their well-run races and thoughtful dialogue with the community on the issues facing us all.
Are you wondering if you, your family members or friends are members in good standing, and eligible to vote at the endorsement meeting? Find the complete membership list here:
Agenda for August Regular Meeting + Endorsements
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Credentials and a voting code will only be provided by email in advance of the meeting to those registered for the meeting. Save yourself and other members some time before the meeting by registering in advance.
6:00pm - Virtual Doors open for credentialing
7:00pm - Proposed Agenda:
- Call to Order
- Land Acknowledgement
- Adoption of Agenda
- Preview Endorsement Meeting Procedure in Brief. Link to Endorsement Rules
- Practice Vote using electronic ballots
- Candidates Races with no Democrat who is a challenger (considered as a slate)
- Presentation on King County Charter Amendment 1
- Presentation on King County Proposition 1 with County Executive Dow Constantine
- Presentation on Seattle I-134, Propositions 1A and 1B
- Announcement of final candidates after May endorsements who have submitted a questionnaire
Order of Races if they are flagged for individual consideration, or have more than one Democratic candidate:
- King County Charter Amendment
- King County Proposition 1
- Seattle Propositions 1A & 1B
- State House of Representatives Position 2
- Misellaneous Municipal and District Court Positions not considered in May
- Treasury Report
- Time Sensitive: Resolution Opposing Use of Gasoline Powered Leaf Blowers in the City of Seattle (Click on Link, and Scroll to bottom of documents page for Resolutions)
- Review of June Minutes
- Other Committee and Officer Reports if time allows
- Good of the Order if time allows
If you have any questions about anything on either meeting agenda, feel free to respond to inquire at [email protected].