ICYMI: April 18 Meeting Recap + RSVP for our Movie Matinee!
On Tuesday, we held our April 2023 Regular Membership Meeting. Approximately 80 members and guests attended, and some highlights from the meeting were:
- We approved three Executive Board Recommended Motions:
- Approved a Medicare Preservation and Expansion Resolution
- Approved a Missing and Murdered Indigenous Persons Awareness Day and Action Resolution
- Approved a May 21, 2023 Endorsement Meeting for County and City positions, and a June Endorsement Meeting (date TBD) for Judicial and School Board positions.
- We heard from one Seattle City Council candidate, and one King County Council candidate.
- And after some robust discussion, we approved an updated set of Standing Endorsement Rules.
See the April 18 2023 Meeting Chat Links and Messages for the meeting Agenda and all your need-to-know info from the meeting.
Other business covered at the meeting were Committee Updates. During the State Party update, members were encouraged to submit feedback to the WA State Dems regarding their Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan (DSAAP) Rules. Specifically, please encourage them to:
- Reinstate allocation of representatives to the State Convention based on Democratic vote performance (vs. a flat number per district). Cite Section III.A.2 of the Washington Delegate Selection Plan.
- Add a requirement that additional delegate allocations gained from meeting diversity goals must likewise serve to make the delegation more diverse. Cite Section III.B.2 of the Washington Delegate Selection Plan.
And last but not least ...
Thanks to everyone who responded to our 46th District Dems Movie Matinee survey. And with the most votes, it has been determined that we will be watching Netflix's 13th.
As mentioned at the meeting, there is limited seating available, so please RSVP to join us (free of charge) on Sunday, April 30, at 10am at the Grand Illusion Cinema.
RSVP here - https://forms.gle/CaVss9YksDSgMdN87
Thanks again to everyone who attended on Tuesday, and to all of our volunteers who (once again!) made our meeting run smoothly. I hope to see you all at our next meeting!
– Chair Hunter Brown
46th District Democrats