ICYMI: March Meeting Recap + New Membership Meeting Dates
Last Wednesday, we held our March 2023 Regular Membership Meeting. Approximately 100 members and guests attended, and some highlights from the meeting were:
- We started the meeting with the Consent Agenda and the appointment of 10 new POCs! Huge thanks to:
- Robert Cruickshank (Sea 46-2316)
- Kari Bull (Sea 46-1403)
- Alice Lockhart (Sea 46-2128)
- Tali Rausch (Sea 46-2084)
- Philip Shack (Sea 46-2345)
- Maria Sumner (Sea 46-2322)
- William Langevin (Sea 46-2228)
- Rose Jordan (Sea 46-1292)
- J. Sean Yeung (Sea 46-2342
- Holly Townes (Sea 46-1264)
- Also on the Consent Agenda, we endorsed the Crisis Cares Center Levy, a Motion to postpone ratification of actions taken during virtual meetings until the June meeting, and two letters submitted by Environment and Climate Caucus.
- We heard from 6 Seattle City Council Candidates, and 2 judicial candidates. Expect to hear from them (and more!) again when we hold our Endorsements Meetings in May and candidate forums between now and then. If you'd like to help with the planning and outreach for the forums, contact Elections Chair, Christy Wood at [email protected]
- See the March 15 2023 Meeting Chat Links and Comments for the meeting Agenda and all your need-to-know info from the meeting.
But the biggest news out of Wednesday's meeting was the adoption of NEW 46th District Democrats Bylaws and Standing Rules! With a set of Proposed Bylaws and Proposed Standing Rules from the Bylaws and Rules Committee, we deliberated through over a dozen amendments and landed on a progressive set of governing documents for our organization. HUGE thanks to Bylaws & Rules Committee Co-Chairs, Scott Forbes and Tara Gallagher, and the committee members!
And mark your calendars now for the upcoming Bylaws and Rules Committee's meetings on Endorsements Rules. Here are the upcoming dates and registration links:
Tuesday, March 21
Wednesday, March 29
Tuesday, April 11
Sunday, April 16
Other business covered at the meeting was the announcement of our *new* Regular Membership Meeting dates! After collecting feedback from the membership, our Executive Board has chosen to hold our future membership meetings on the 3rd Tuesdays - beginning with Tuesday, April 18, still beginning at 7pm. Register today at https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIude6tqzgiHNMENl3XlsqbpyBPQmIa25hO&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2GW5hPGRFbD9DGMJBVldde
Thanks again to everyone who attended on Wednesday, and to all of our volunteers who made our meeting run smoothly. I hope to see you at our next meeting on Tuesday, April 18 at 7pm!
– Chair Hunter Brown
46th District Democrats