ICYMI: May Meeting + Endorsement Meeting Recap
Hello 46th District Democrats –
This month's Recap email is a 2-for-1, covering both the May 16 Membership Meeting, and the May 21 Endorsement Meeting.
🔵 May 16 Regular Membership Meeting
With approximately 164 members and guests in attendance, some highlights from the meeting were:
- We approved one Policy Committee Recommended Resolution:
- We received a Legislative Session Review from our Legislative Delegation, Rep. Darya Farivar, Rep. Gerry Pollet and Sen. Javier Valdez.
But the big news of the night is that we approved the appointment of 41 Uncontested PCOs and 17 Contested PCOs. HUGE THANKS to all who stepped up to work for our district and help us elect democrats!!
See the May 16, 2023 Meeting Chat Links and Messages for the meeting Agenda and all your need-to-know info from the meeting.
🔵 May 21 Endorsement Meeting
With approximately 211 members and guests in attendance, some highlights from the meeting were:
- We approved the following endorsements:
- County Assessor: John Wilson
- King County Council - District 4: Sarah Reyneveld
- Port of Seattle Commission - Position 2: Sam Cho
- Port of Seattle Commission - Position 5: Fred Felleman
- Seattle City Council - District 4: Ron Davis
- Seattle City Council - District 5: Nilu Jenks
- Seattle City Council - District 6: Dan Strauss
Congratulations to all our endorsed candidates, and our sincere appreciation to every candidate who joined us to address our membership and help us learn more about them.
And last but not least ...
OUR BIGGEST THANKS OF ALL to Effective Meetings Committee Chair, Bryce Cannatelli, and all of our tally, credentialing and meeting volunteers who help our Endorsement Meeting run so smoothly. From the planning, to the strategizing, to the pure sweat-inducing work before and during the meeting, all of you made this meeting, and it’s early end, possible. THANK YOU!!
Thanks as well, to all who attended one or both meetings this month, and we hope to see you next month at our next Regular Membership Meeting + Endorsement Meeting (for School Board and Judicial races) on Tuesday, June 20 at 7pm!
– Chair Hunter Brown
46th District Democrats