Sunday, May 21 ~ 46th District Dems Endorsement Meeting
It's Endorsements Season! By Friday, we will know who will be on the August ballot, and on Sunday, we need YOU to help decide who will get the 46th Dems Endorsement. Endorsed candidates will be featured on our GOTV fliers that PCOs and volunteers will take to voters' doors.
** This post contains links to materials you’ll need for our Endorsements Meeting on Sunday, May 21, starting at 1 pm. **
Essential information on how we endorse here
- Register for the Zoom meeting here
- The Endorsement Rules are here
- The Candidate Forum Recording is here
The Candidate Questionnaires are here
- Each candidate was asked to complete the King County Democrats Questionnaire before our upcoming endorsement meeting. Questionnaires will be added as they come in, so check back often.
- Only candidates submitting questionnaires to KCD by 9 am on Saturday are eligible for endorsement (there may be a delay in when they are in our folder).
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone on May 21, 2023. We will open the Zoom line at 12:30pm to get everyone credentialed. The meeting will begin promptly at 1pm.
- Please register in Zoom in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link and dial-in information for joining the meeting.
Eligibility to Vote
- Only current members may vote. This includes newly appointed PCOs.
- If you are not a current member but were a member in 2022, you have until 1pm on Saturday to pay your dues and become eligible to vote. (Note: this is an update to our Standing Rules.)
- If you were not a member in 2022, the deadline to become a member and vote in this meeting has passed (it was April 30th).
Agenda for the 46th District Democrats May Endorsement Meeting
- 12:30 to 1 pm - Members can log in to be credentialed
- 1 pm - Call to Order
- 1:05 pm - Acknowledgment of Tribal Lands
- 1:10 pm - Agenda Approval
Open Nominations of Individual Candidates
- Via written submission during the meeting
1:15 pm - Endorsement Rules Refresher
- Review of Candidates Eligible for Endorsement
- Close Nominations
1:30 pm - Endorsements
Races in order of voting (2-minute speeches, in groups by position/district)
- County Assessor
- County Director of Elections
Port of Seattle Commission
- Position 2
- Position 5
King County Council
- District 2
- District 4
Seattle City Council
- District 6
- District 5
- District 4
- Races in order of voting (2-minute speeches, in groups by position/district)
Planning upcoming Primary Election work
- Precincts requiring volunteers
- Fundraising target
- Summer Picnic, July 9, 2-4 pm
- Good of the Order
For more information on our forums or endorsement process, visit the 46th Dems 2023 Candidate Information for Seeking Endorsement page.
⭐ Save the Date!
Tuesday, June 20, 7 pm: 46th District Democrats Endorsement Meeting - School Board and Judicial candidates
- Register (by selecting the June 20 date) at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIude6tqzgiHNMENl3XlsqbpyBPQmIa25hO
- [Note: this Endorsement meeting will be held during our June Regular Membership Meeting, so be sure to choose the June 20 date at the link above]
Thank you for being part of this important process!
Elections Chair, 46th District Democrats